I must be honest with you. I found it way too easy to come up with this list. I used to believe some of the bullet points below. I hope you don’t.
I hope Christmas is a joyful time for you. Remember the awesomeness of the season: the Love of God came into the world. Don’t let grumpiness and legalism steal today’s magnificence away.
The following responses may hit close to home. I actually used to hold on to some of them. Today, Christmas is the most enjoyable, spiritual, wholesome holiday for our family. I chuckle at this list today, knowing how silly it was to allow my mind’s logic rip away the joy of the season. So, I hope this list blesses you.
Your Christmas May Be Uptight If…
- It is upsetting that Christmas is, for some people, all about buying gifts for one another.
- When someone says “Happy Holidays,” you snap back, “Merry CHRISTmas!”
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” is a tale about how a capitalist system is taken over by socialists.
- You enjoy reminding everyone that the Magi really came two years after Jesus’ birth.
- You’re bothered by the fact that Christmas trees are rooted in pagan culture.
- Christmas dinner for you is tolerating the jabber from your unsaved relatives.
- “Peace on earth” deserves a lengthy bible study to understand its true meaning.
- Rudolph is an evil depiction of Christmas, the only acceptable Christmas cartoon being the Peanuts Christmas.
- You believe Frosty the Snowman has absolutely no spiritual connotation to the true Christmas story at all.
- You believe Santa Clause is Satan’s attempt to have little children think God isn’t real.