I’m a writer, speech and debate coach, and a businessman. This page lists the events I’m committed to in the near future, plus gives you an idea of how I may be able to serve your community for your upcoming event.
|Date||Event / Event Details||City / More Info|
Starts at 1pm Wednesday, ends at Noon on Saturday
|Training Minds Camp||Larkspur, CO|
|Sponsor:||Training Minds Ministry||Public Event|
|Venue:||Ponderosa Ranch |
|Register to attend|
What I Speak On
I speak to young adults, teenagers, homeschoolers, entrepreneurs, parents, educators, and even other public speakers. I teach and lecture on a diverse range of subjects. You may expect professional adaptability to your group’s needs, but some of my more polished topics include:
- Speech & Debate. I’m a forensics coach, a most successful one who has produced national champions in the past decade. While academic speech is a “nerdy” sport, most adults regret being too cool for the event when younger. Now grown up they fear speaking and would avoid it like the plague, and their professional lives limp along. If you need a speech coach for your group, count me in. Or, if you’re really ambitious, hire my team of coaches from my nonprofit Training Minds Ministry.
- Family. I have 16 children and believe greatly in the value of family life. I’m a deep believer in God’s calling for each person to love him and walk with him. This includes every aspect of life, especially life in the home. I speak with my wife, Wendy, on the themes of our book Love in the House.
- Millennials. I ran a conference called the For Action Conference where millennials gathered for three days of practical encouragement to guiding them to do that which they love. Invite me in to speak to your group of young adults to inspire them to take on the brave challenges of the 21st century.
- Business. I’ve been “taking care of business” – my own business – since 2004. Loving every minute of it. If you or your group struggle with the trials of business development, allow me to help. I attained an MBA from Regis University in 2005 for the sole purpose of building businesses.
- Introduction to Debate Camp:
- Setting Competitors Free:
- Invitation to the National Invitational Tournament of Champions:
I am president of Training Minds Ministry. To inquire about a speech and debate event (camp, workshop, Skype meeting, etc.), contact Training Minds Ministry to make arrangements. Prices vary depending on the event you would like to have for your group.
For public speaking, I require an honorarium, travel expenses, and vendor rights at your event. It’s difficult to give a definitive cost until we get to know your exact needs, but here is an outline on costs you can expect.
- Honorarium. There will be a general cost for speaking. The length of speaking time, the duration of stay, and the timing of the event will all play into the amount required.
- Offering. For nonprofit or charitable groups, an offering may be requested. Depending on the nature of the event, this may substitute for an honorarium.
- Travel. As needed, hotel, flights, mileage, and car rental will either be billed to the host or an agreed amount will be determined ahead of time.
What You Can Expect
I should be honest: I have a lot of demands on my plate. But that shouldn’t hinder your expectations for a professional relationship. Dealing with me, you can expect:
- Prompt and quick responses to all correspondance. No email or phone call will go unanswered.
- I will want to get to know you and your audience. Expect a personal conversation before any agreement is made.
- I will announce your event on my website and my social media channels.
- Followup with you personally to make sure I fit your expectations.
Contact Training Minds
My nonprofit handles all speaking engagements. Contact Training Minds to start your inquiry.