I am an educator and entrepreneur who has developed a niche business catering to speech and debate leagues. I gravitate toward what makes people think. In the 1990s I was an English teacher and debate coach in Northern Minnesota and South Dakota. I moved to Colorado in 2000 to work as an editor for five years at Focus on the Family, and left in 2004 to start my own publishing company focused on speech and debate.
If you find this interesting, subscribe today (upper right of this page). And you’re always welcome to contact me personally. Go to my connect page.
- Business. I own a publishing company, Monument Publishing, that publishes curriculum and resources for public, private and home schools.
- Residence. I’m originally from the upper midwest: born in Woodstock, Ill., childhood in Janesville, Wis., and grew up in Alexandria, Mn. I brought my family to Monument, Colo., in 2000 and live on a beautiful 6.5 mountain acres.
- Non-profit Work. I’m president of Training Minds, a 501c3 organization I founded in 2001 that provides support to academic speakers and debaters.
- Family. I’m father to 16 children, all from my dear wife, Wendy, of 20+ years of marriage. We’ve been on TV and published books about love in the house.
- Philosophy. I’m a writer with an interesting life. So I started this blog in September 2012 to keep a web journal of my life and thoughts. I hope you subscribe to it.
Why You Should Subscribe
Here is the simple proposition I have for you.
I will breathe life into every post,
seeking to encourage and challenge us
to pursue free and prosperous lives.
Stick around and let’s connect. I’m a writer with a million things to say. I hope our friendship grows as we discuss and resonate in the themes of the site. Life is short. There is no excuse to let it wither it away.
My Latest Posts
- Keys to Speech and Debate Success
- When an Argument Turns Sour
- What Debaters and Artists Have in Common
- 7 Major Upgrades for Competitors
- Debate Camp 2017
- Open and Closed Competitive Environments
- Starvation Is a Myth
- Debate in New Braunfels
- How to Brief Against a Case
- The Shack Is About Trauma, not the Trinity
You can unsubscribe whenever you like, and I promise not to sell your email to anyone.